The before the big meeting of the weekend. Could something else be happening this weekend as well?
It’s coming close. The end. We can all feel it, can’t we? It’s going to happen soon. This whole free agent chase will at a close…..and then what?
On to the links!
Here at The Good Phight:
- Well, nothing really. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Other Phillies news:
- With arbitration figures needed to be exchanged soon, we’re beginning to see some players come to an agreement. Jerad Eickhoff and Hector Neris have already put pen to paper, with seven others to go.
- While from the outside it looks like the glacially slow offseason is hurting players, Corey Seidman argues it may be helping the Phillies this offseason.
- Does meeting with Bryce Harper mean the team’s attention will move off of Manny Machado? I mean at this point, what else can they do with Machado outside of keep trying to top the best offer he has from other teams if that is what they want to do.
- Todd Zolecki talks about the case for and against adding both superstars.
- Here are some of the latest rumors: AJ Pollock is talking with the Braves, the Marlins are talking to at least six team about J.T. Realmuto, the Yankees, thank to CC Sabathia’s recovery from surgery, can get back to trading Sonny Gray.
- The Nationals added Brian Dozier to a one year deal, worth $9 million. The Nationals look scary even without Harper. If they do add him…
- The Mets are also not done adding, getting Jed Lowrie to agree to a 2 year deal worth $20 million. Somewhere, a solitary tear rolls down the cheek of John Stolnis….
- In a grievance hearing about their first round draft pick from 2018, the Braves found out they will not need to forfeit their compensation pick from this year. They will in fact stay at #9. I wish some teams in the Phillies’ division would stop getting good news.
Have a great weekend!