No glasses today for Doug Pederson, who whore a polo shirt and St. Andrews golf hat to Friday’s press conference.
The Birds will have nine days off before the next game, a home tilt with the 3-1 Carolina Panthers, who play the Redskins this weekend.
Notes from Doug’s presser:
- Jason Peters biceps injury: gathering more tests, more information, had a brief meeting with medical staff and early indication was “positive,” kind of a “day to day” thing
- will take all things into consideration with Peters, who is also dealing with a quad injury in addition to bicep (question was about maintaining his overall health)
- Lane Johnson battled through his ankle injury, great players can play through pain and injury and he’s one of them
- Sidney Jones will continue to be evaluated, “probably more of a week to week” thing with him (hamstring injury suffered last night)
Sidney Jones is week-to-week. In Pederson language, that means he’ll miss time.
— Zach Berman (@ZBerm) October 12, 2018
- backup linemen Jordan Mailata and Matt Pryor are coming along well, getting a lot of reps and doing a nice job
- On Rasul Douglas: coaching staff will take a look at him playing safety moving forward. “He’s capable.” Also have Deiondre’ Hall and Tre Sullivan with the team, who can be coached up with nine days to prepare for the next game.
- Saquon Barkley is a special talent, big, powerful, elusive, tough to tackle.
- on taking the Alshon Jeffery screen pass touchdown play from the Patriots: “offensively we’re always looking at plays, you catch something on TV.. it fits who we are, sort of what our DNA is offensively.”
- on Jalen Mills’ skill set and what makes him effective in the red zone: “(he and Ronald Darby are) physical guys who can use their hands to redirect routes, able to clamp on…both guys have proven that being down there is critical and they’ve made plays”
The Birds are 3-3 heading into the weekend and sitting atop the putrid NFC East. Washington gets the Panthers at home while Dallas hosts Jacksonville in what should be a battled of offensive juggernauts.
Enjoy your weekend!
Head coach Doug Pederson meets with the media. https://t.co/aXzp7uOv9I
— Philadelphia Eagles (@Eagles) October 12, 2018
The post Eagles Friday: Hamstrings, Biceps, and Stealing Plays appeared first on Crossing Broad.