One more Doug Pederson press conference before the Birds head to South Florida to take on Ryan Fitzpatrick and the 1-0 Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
On the injury front, Darren Sproles and Shelton Gibson did not practice Thursday. We should get a new report sometime this afternoon.
- Sproles has a “slight hamstring,” which happened during practice, will be evaluated later today
- Gibson has a quad injury, not a knee injury, and “should be fine,” will also be evaluated later
- Corey Clement, Wendell Smallwood, Nelson Agholor all available to return kicks if necessary, DeAndre Carter as well for punt returns
- needs to “do a better job” of calling plays, pushing the ball down the field, also requires better execution
- Alshon Jeffery “looks good” in practice, still doing just individual drills and is not cleared for full team/contact stuff
- can’t let the heat and humidity affect you, hydration, nutrition, rest all important this early in the season, especially going to Florida
- lack of preseason reps doesn’t necessarily mean that defenses are far ahead of offenses, lots of points scored in week one and lots of yards put up
- the team does feel the presence of fans during road games
- you take into consideration the fact that guys like Vinny Curry and Beau Allen are familiar with play calling and signals and offensive philosophy, just “need to be mindful” when they’re in the game because they know “some terminology” up front (QB calls, audibles, etc)
- Eagles are “flying around” Hurricane Florence, so the plan is to go a little further west before heading down to Florida
- Michael Bennett hasn’t expressed anything to the coaching staff about concerns with a limited or rotational role
Video after the jump:
Head coach Doug Pederson meets with the media. https://t.co/iE9vbrblI0
— Philadelphia Eagles (@Eagles) September 14, 2018